Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Spain Rocked My World

-I took this from a museum window =]

So, I finally got back from Spain! And apparently I'm a good number of shades darker than what I am normally. I also lost 5 pounds somehow...probably from all the walking we did. I'll probably gain it back soon, but oh well. It's fantastic!

I had such a great time...I met really really great people (cute guys too ;]), and despite the drama and the romance and the weirdness of it all, it's a trip that I'm never ever going to forget. And it sounds crazy, but it definetly changed my outlook on life.

I know it was just a vacation- but I realized that life is too short to be hung up over SAT scores and college acceptances. Those are all really important, of course- but when I came back to the trip and looked at what my life revolved around- I realized, wow, all I've been caring about is college, and thats it. When theres such a pretty world around us, with awesome people, and so many things to experience- I just felt like I had been living in a little fishbowl, and I finally got to peek over the rim and saw that life is worth enjoying, because I'll only be young once, and I'll never know when it's my time to go. I also realized that it's come to that point where I'm ready to spread my wings and leave home, and establish my own identity- I feel ready. I just need my parents to see that I'm already practically grown up, and that they need to let me take care of myself, and make my own decisions. I can feel it deep in my bones...I'm definetly ready to take on the world and fend for myself. Deep? Yeah.

So I've been feeling a lot more relaxed- I've also wearing this brown leather ying yang bracelet that a guy gave to me (hebought it at a Spanish flea market) to remind me of what I learned- and made this song (which this great guy introduced to me on the trip) my new life theme song:



Free and Easy (Down the Road I Go) by Dierks Bentley

Pair of boots and a sack of clothes
Free and easy down the road I go
Hangin' memories on the high line poles
Free and easy down the road I go
Free and easy down the road I go

Ragweed's rockin' on the radio
Free and easy down the road I go
So I keep rollin' like an old banjo
Free and easy down the road I go

Got the sun shinin' on me like a big spotlight
So I know everything is gonna be alright


Ain't no tellin' where the wind might blow
Free and easy down the road I go
Livin' life like a Sunday stroll
Free and easy down the road I go
Free and easy down the road I go

If you only get to go around one time
I'm gonna sit back and try to enjoy the ride


I could make a million or wind up broke
Free and easy down the road I go
Can't take it with you when you go so
Free and easy down the road I go
Someday I know it's gonna take me home so
Free and easy down the road I go
Free and easy down the road I go


My life. GO LISTEN!

And yes I do choose theme songs. (My other one is 100 Years by Five for Fighting, in case you were wondering!)

I'm itching for a road trip next summer.



Sorry for a zero-fashion post. But I thought my little epiphany deserved it's own little submission.

Hope this is food for thought,
-New York Chique

8 comments:

Em said...

Wow, this was a great post! I'm glad you enjoyed such an eye-opening trip, it's great when you can take something away from a vacation more than just souvenirs and photos (though those photos must be gorgeous!)

Have a good day!
-Em

Au Revoir said...

wow great post...i feel exactly the same way whenever i get the opportunity to leave the country and explore the outisde world, thats why i love traveling so much it makes you feel like your part of the bigger picture. What were the highlights of Spain. I'd love to know since i really want to visit there one day. Glad you had so much fun =)

Anonymous said...

That was an amazing post. Your trip sounds truly fantastic!
-LFC

a.mi said...

I loved this post! I wish I had the opportunity to travel abroad like you too when I was in high school! I'm in college now and hopefully I'll get the chance to before I graduate :)

Unknown said...

I envy you! Haha:p Spain must be an absoultely lovely place to visit. Nice blog:)

Anonymous said...

I was playing games online however found reading this post more interesting thanks for the share please do keep it going great job....Loving this..

Cheers,


___________________
Andrew
Get your company name famous across the world with online marketing

Objets desire said...

I envy you for your youth...so many possibilities out there! Although I am not at the same stage of my life as you are, your post reminded me that there IS a bigger world out there and I shouldn't be moping in my miserable little world here, obsessing over one person. Thank you!

*LoVeRs and FrIeNdS* said...

Well, I am happy that you feel that you are strong enough to independently and all but don't let a memorable experience blind your view of other parts of the world too. What I'm trying to say here is that there are many kinds of people that you never would have thought exist(implied message: there are some very bad ppl out there). So be cautious and know who you are dealing with and who your friends are when you are out there without the protection of your parents.